7 Best Ways to Improve Mental Alertness
Mental alertness refers to a situation of optimal sensory awareness and concentration. It relates to your reasoning, perception, imagination, thinking abilities, and other brain functions. Staying attentive allows you to perceive and act fast and accordingly to various circumstances. Therefore, staying mentally alert is essential, and you can learn perfect ways to enhance it.
Here are seven ways to improve mental alertness
- Use supplements
Using supplements is an ideal brain health support strategy. The supplements contain essential nutrients to maintain brain health and enhance mental alertness.
Why you need brain supplements
- To get sufficient nutrients: your brain requires enough nutrient supply to function correctly. Brain supplements supply all the nutrients your brain requires for health and alertness.
- To enhance the clarity of thinking: If you’re struggling with brain clarity, brain supplements are your ideal solution. The pills help keep your brain healthy, which is crucial for better clarity.
- To improve alertness: Supplements will help you to stay mentally alert in your tasks by eliminating mental fatigue and other problems that decrease it.
- To enhance your memory: Supplements help in enhancing your memory to enable you to store and grasp new ideas easily and quickly.
- Eat a balanced diet
Eating a balanced diet gives your brain the proper nutrients to stay mentally alert. Ensure you consume foods rich in vitamins, proteins, healthy fats, and minerals. Adequate calories will regulate your moods and energy levels and strengthen your thinking skills.
You can also add nuts such as walnuts or cashews, as they are rich in protein and magnesium, which replenish your mind. Magnesium can restore energy levels and healthy fats, protein, and fiber to balance your blood sugar.
- Exercise regularly
Regular exercise helps in keeping your body in shape and fight sickness. It helps enhance mental health and cognitive functions to increase your mental alertness.
Also, exercise helps to increase the production of brain chemicals that enable the production of new neural connections and blood flow to the hippocampus. Hippocampus is the section of your brain that deals with memory and is beneficial in retaining new information and enhancing mental alertness.
- Limit alcohol consumption
Alcohol affects your sleep, causing negative impacts on your concentration and overall mental alertness. It is a central nervous system depressant, and its continuous use increases mental fatigue.
- Eliminate distractions
Multiple distractions will decrease your mental concentration. The interruptions can be loud music, noise from the TV, and internal ones like anxiety. Minimizing the disturbances will positively impact your influx, stimulating your brain cells and enhancing mental alertness.
- Practice meditation and calm breathing
Meditation and calm breathing affect the nerves in your brain’s arousal centers. The activities help relax your mind and give you better concentration to enhance mental alertness and clarity. Also, it will improve your attention span and prevent cognitive aging and impairments.
- Engage in new tasks/ideas
Challenging your brain with new tasks helps to increase your cognitive abilities and keep your brain alert. Try solving word puzzles or other challenging tasks that engage your brain.
Staying mentally alert helps in avoiding mental fatigue by keeping your mind active and productive. Also, it allows you to attain maximum concentration and maintain your brain health. So, ensure you improve your mental alertness by applying the above ways.